A little video I threw together about our trip to Denver Colorado for Sarah & Reuben's wedding. I didn't take nearly enough video but still had just enough to make this.
A good friend of mine has recently started his own production company and one thing he’s been doing a lot recently is weddings. He was even able to video my girlfriend’s brother’s wedding this year. As I was watching the video with the family yesterday, I realized just how formulaic these sorts of videos are. I’ve watched several made by my friend (as he’s wanted my input in the past) as well as other friend’s videos. They all start the same way, with light, soft romantic music covering the prep and anticipation of the wedding. The emotions come to a climax at the close of the ceremony and then the second half of the video documents the celebration and cathartic release of stress by everyone involved with the wedding. While it makes logical sense to divide the video into these two sections (it not only tells a good story, it follows the chronological progression of the event itself) it can sort of seem, cookie cutter approach to documenting this event. These videos are great and touch...
(Another old writing piece from January 2017 but again I figured it was worth the share.) Technology is important, it’s how the pictures and videos actually get recorded and preserved. And the old mantra “You get what you pay for” is no exception to the world of cameras. But I’d like to talk about the relationship between upgrading technology and improving photography (and videography). When I first started taking (digital) pictures I was using a Kodak point and shoot, I had fun but I was never really astounded by the quality but they still served to preserve memories, the chief function of amateur photography. As I got more interested in quality, and in video, I saved up and bought my first DSLR (I say as if I’ve owned more than 2), a Nikon D3100, this was a fantastic camera and though I loved taking pictures and video with it, it probably went scarcely unused. (I just never found the time or purposes to actually go out and use it, but that’s another issue) But I had no know...
Comments
Post a Comment